Almost Wedding Photos
Some of y’all may know that I’m getting married in Houston this weekend - omg! I’m really excited to share little bits of that day with everyone, but wanted to show off this cool pre-wedding shoot that we did. S and I wanted stark/graphic outfits to go along with the amazing public art in Houston. I added pops of color like the belt and bracelet. These photos by RS Photography turned out perfectly!
Black/White Dress - Dorothy Perkins - US Size 18 (then tailored to my waist)
Teal Belt - ASOS
Necklace - Vince Camuto via nordstrom rack
Black Shoes - Chromatic Gallerie
Bracelet - unknown brand via nordstrom rack
Glasses - SEE Eyewear (both pair)
My hair by the amazing Patrick at Fringe Salon
S is wearing a shirt from nordstrom rack, tailored suiting shorts, tall socks, creepers and ray ban sunglasses
This weekend I decided to scope out the local Target’s plus size “Pure Energy” section (again). My local store in Chicago had a TON of new items and I was impressed with how well organized it was in addition to that. They had at least 10 racks of new pieces, including a lot on clearance. Also I just check out the website items and I’m impressed with their use of ACTUALLY FAT models (as in bigger than a customary plus size model size 14) YAY!
I love relaxed striped shirts and when I saw this one, I got so excited. It’s soft, fitted in the right places - a great easy casual piece. I paired it with some of my skinny-fit jeans and some flats to go to a going away dinner for my best friend.
Dinner was bittersweet. It’s so hard to let go of someone who has been so close. I know they’re moving for good reasons, and I do have great hope that we’ll stay close, but you know how distance can be. I’m thankful at least that she’s in my wedding in a few weeks, so I at least get to see her again very soon.
Speaking of which, things might be a little quiet here as wedding gets closer. I’ll be doing a big master wedding post soon after, but there’s a lot going on until then.
SUPER SALE! EVERYTHING UNDER $10!!
1) Old Navy Black/White Stripe Dress - Sz XL - $5 Waist is 39” measured flat, unstretched SEE IT ON ME HERE! 2) Target Mossimo Black Fit-and-Flare Dress with Faux Leather Shoulder Details - Sz XL - $5 Waist is 38” measured flat not stretchy SEE IT ON ME HERE! 3) Forever 21 Black LACE Blazer - Sz 1X - $7 SEE IT ON ME HERE!
1) Forever 21 Rose 3-D Floral shirt - Sz 1X - $7 This has only been worn once 2) Pure Energy Deco burn-out shirt - Sz 2X (tag removed) - $5 SEE IT ON ME HERE! 3) Target Mossimo Pattern stretch skirt - Sz L - $5 This skirt is super stretchy and has POCKETS. Waist measures 34” up to 44” SEE IT ON ME HERE! ROW 3 1) Forever 21 black/white trousers - Size 16 - $7
2) Mossimo Blush pink pleated skirt with leather waistband - Size 16 - $5
Waist is 37”
SEE IT ON ME HERE!
3) ASOS black bubble skirt - Size US 16 - $7 Waist is 40”
1) Blue Felina Bra - 38DDD - $5
Only worn once
2) Spanx Open-Bust Body Shaper - XL - $5 NEW WITH TAGS!
Send me a tumblr message or email amandalstilwell @ gmail - I’ll need your zipcode to estimate shipping (should be under $5 for most in the US). Pay via paypal. If I don’t receive payment within 24 hours, it’s going to the next person requesting.
My weekends have been so busy lately (my life actually has been crazy!). I feel like I can’t really ever get caught up on all the things i have going on.
While out last night visiting the super cool Space Oddities shop and dropping off some new LastCraft candles and tarot decks for them, I had an amazing tarot reading by Sarah Lorraine aka esoteriaofone. One of the biggest take-aways for me from the reading was that I need to CHILL. So part of this weekend is me just taking some time for myself to refocus.
What do you like to do to engage in self-care? I like to turn off my electronic devices, read, take baths (I’m obsessed with LUSH products) and just sit and think. I have a lot to think about with my 35th birthday in a week and my wedding in about a month!
I’ve been very thankful for my Gwynnie Bee account lately as it provides me with lots of pretty clothes without me having to deal with finding the time for shopping. This gorgeous geometric print dress is so much fun to wear on a summer day. It’s a little on the short side, and I would wear leggings with it if I were out for the day. If you’re not a member of gwynnie bee yet - really I can’t recommend it more highly! It’s free the first month and they keep adding more and more unique brands. Feel free to use my link to join if you’ve been on the fence, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
V-neck Kristen Miles Dress - Size 3x (this dress runs very small IMHO, check the size chart) via Gwynnie Bee
Black Wedges - Deena & Ozzy via Urban Outfitters
Earrings - Thrifted
Necklace - made by a friend
Quartz Ring - Stone And Honey
Glasses - SEE Eyewear
3 2 items for sale
1) Asos New Look Cami Swing Dress, Size 16 - $15 - Dress is stretchy and hits a bit above knee on me (5’9”)
2) MYNT 1792 Nolita Jacket, Size 1X - $25 - Jacket has elastic vents on side for stretch and hits above hips on me (5’9”)
3) IGIGI Garnet Dress, Size 12 (Igigi sizing is odd - that fits me at size 16 with lots of stretch ) - $30 SOLD!
If you’re interested, please send me a fan mail or ask message with your paypal address. I will invoice you. Shipping to the US is $4 for the dress and $6 for the jacket. Items are from a non-smoking home and are cleaned before shipment.