(My pups - Scout and Sailor)
LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE
- name: Amanda
- eye color: blue
- hair style/color: currently pixie-cut platiunum blonde
- height: 5’9”
- clothing style: black and layers and lots of it
- best physical feature: i’m fond of my eyes and wrists
LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE
- your fears: i’ve got bad hypochondria so getting sick is a huge fear, I also have generalized anxiety issues that I work daily to manage
- your guilty pleasure: baking and watching tv
- ambitions for the future: travel more, buy a house, get more dogs
LAYER THREE: THOUGHTS
- your first thoughts waking up: LETS DO THIS (unless it’s before 7am)
- what you think about most: how to organize various things - i love making lists
- what you think about before bed: i usually try to turn off the thoughts by playing candy crush
- you think your best quality is: I’m organized and thoughtful and nurturing and very kind to those i love
LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?
- single or group dates: i like both, because sometimes it’s nice to hang out with a bunch of folks
- to be loved or respected: respected (but loving and being loved requires respect)
- beauty or brains: brains
- dogs or cats: dogs (by far)
LAYER FIVE: DO YOU.
- lie: little whites when they’re necessary, but nothing major
- believe in yourself: fuck yes. it’s absolutely necessary
- believe in love: completely
- want someone: i have someone!
LAYER SIX: EVER?
- been on stage: Lots! I did burlesque for years and played (violin/vocals) in several bands
- changed who you were to fit in: ehh…perhaps a bit in early high school, but i’ve always been more of a leader type.
LAYER SEVEN: FAVORITES
- favorite color: gray
- favorite animal: dogs and capybaras
- favorite movie: My favorite directors are Peter Greenaway and Alfred Hitchock
- favorite game: i suppose cards against humanity
LAYER EIGHT: AGE
- day your next birthday will be: July 30
- how old will you be: 35
- does age matter: for some things yes, for other things not so much.
My new favorite accessory is this gorgeous Pyrite aka “fools gold” necklace by King Onye. Oneka is a local chicago jeweler who makes all the beautiful King Onye pieces. She and I met while she was selling her wares in Wicker Park last year and we just keep running into each other all over Chicago. She has fantastic taste and I love her work. I even bought a pair of her pyrite earrings for my friend Heather Lynn for christmas
OUTFIT DETAILS (top three photos)
Black shirt with gold detail - Primark size 20
Pyrite necklace - King Onye Label
Moon Earrings - Topshop
Triangle rings - Stone and Honey
Gold bands - Meadowbelle Market Etsy
OUTFIT DETAILS (lower photo)
Faux Leather Jacket - Forever 21, Sz 1X
Sheer tank - Forever 21, Sz 1X
Parks and Parkas
After visiting Berlin this fall, I was obsessed with finding a plus size parka that looked just the right amount of oversized. Everyone there was wearing them and they looked so easy stylish.
I found this plus size parka on sale at Old Navy just before christmas and I was so excited. It has all the details I wanted - pull ties on the outside, a vent back, a zipper and massive pockets (I have a water bottle in it!) Plus it was on sale for around $40! It’s not currently on the website - but I found it in store up to size 2XL (which I’m wearing).
Flannel - thrifted
Cross Shirt - Forever 21, Sz L
Black Shorts - Style &Co, Sz 16
Tights - Target, Sz 2X
Shoes in top photos - Jeffery Campbell
Shoes in bottom photos - Top Shop
Parka - Old Navy, sz 2XL
Belt - H&M (mens)
Glasses - SEE Eyewear
INTHETHICKOFIT - My Favorite Outfits of 2013
These were some of the most popular posts on my blog in the past year, and they also happen to be some of my favorite outfits
Thanks everyone for such an amazing year. I can’t wait to share 2014 with all of you. Lots of good things in store for the blog.
Sweater Dress and shopping in Chicago
Shopping during the holidays can be a little much for me (I get crazy bad anxiety in crowds), but I wanted to support some local shops on Shop Local Saturday. So I ventured out in this warm H&M sweater dress I’ve owned for ages and this lovely TwoJ’s Fencer Jacket and my super comfortable boots. Shopping was a huge success - I got a few locally made letterpress cards, and a few small gifts for my family.
What local/small businesses are you shopping at this year? I recommend the great businesses listed on my Logan Square post. In the next few days, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite etsy and online shops!
Gray Sweater Dress - H&M, Sz L (super stretchy!)
Leggings - Forever 21+, Sz 1X
Fencer Jacket - TwoJ’s
Studded Leather Purse - Vince Camuto
Quartz Earrings - Etsy
Boots - Steve Madden, Sz 11
Bracelets - Nordstrom Rack
Glasses - SEE Eyewear